REVISED ADVICE FROM SCDA re Equine Flu Vaccinations
SCDA Requirements for Events, including Clinics, Grassroots, Club, Regional and National/International.
The SCDA Directors have taken further advice and have agreed that each event will use their venue requirement as their benchmark.
|Morris||If your horse has had an infectious disease in the last 6 months please do not enter.
|Clinics –Townfoot and Seacliff||6 months
With our mix of venues, where we are all guests, and yards that our equines come from, it seems sensible to protect our equines’ welfare as best we can, and comply with the yard regulations so that our venues are as protected as much as possible.
To aid organisers please send a photo of your vaccination pages and the front cover of your passport to me as soon as your equine complies with this protocol
by email/text with your name attached.
FEI 2019 VETERINARY REGULATIONS 14th Edition 2018
effective 1 January 2019
Equine Influenza Vaccination Requirements
- All proprietary Equine Influenza vaccines are accepted by the FEI, provided the route of administration complies with the manufacturer’s instructions (i.e. intramuscular injection or intranasal).
- An initial Primary Course of two vaccinations must be given; the second vaccination must be administered within 21-92 days of the first vaccination.
- The first booster must be administered within 7 calendar months following the date of administration of the second vaccination of the Primary Course.
- Booster vaccinations must be administered at a maximum of 12 month intervals however Horses competing in Events must have received a booster within 6 months +21 days (and not within 7 days) before arrival at the Event.
- Horses may compete 7 days after receiving the second vaccination of the primary course. 6. Horses that have received the Primary Course prior to 1 January 2005 are not required to fulfil the requirement for the first booster, providing there has not been an interval of more than 12 months between each of their subsequent annual booster vaccinations.