The first event to be cancelled in line with government advice is the Indoor at Fountain on Sunday 22nd March. The organisers, Victoria Moore and Elinor Bosanquet, have issued this statement:
Anyone who has paid already will be refunded and the trophy results for the season will be announced shortly based on the three events.
Hopetoun FEI and National, 21st-24th May 2020
Statement from Jane Isaac, Organiser, in conjunction with her organising group and BC.
We have taken the decision to postpone the Hopetoun FEI and National event that was to have taken place on 21 -24 May 2020. I am hopefully able to confirm tomorrow that we will be running on 21 – 23 August 2020 instead. This new date has been approved by BC. I do not yet know the position on FEI Classes and Selection events, this will become clearer in the next few days and weeks as discussions are held.
In light of the UK government announcement today, the Directors of SCDA have taken the very difficult decision to cancel all events with immediate effect.
Many of our judges, helpers and drivers will be in the ‘at risk’ category because of their or their parents’ age, or with underlying health conditions.
The government advice has been to minimise social contact and non-essential travel, and the restrictions on the support of the emergency services means that the responsible decision is to take all action necessary not to further burden the NHS or risk members’ safety at events.
We thank all of our members, organisers, officials, volunteers and staff for their support during these unprecedented times. We will continue to monitor the situation and will resume sporting activity as soon as we are able.
Includes: Clinics, Grassroots, Club, Regional and National/International
Updated 18th February 2020 (extract from SCDA Omnibus 2020)
In 2020, all BC events will follow the FEI ‘flu vaccination’ rule.
The following SCDA events will also comply with FEI rules and require six month boosters:
Training events at Seacliff, The Pines, and Townfoot
Hopetoun (May BC event and July Club event)
However, the following venues will only require annual vaccinations:
With our mix of venues, where we are all guests, and yards that our equines come from, it is sensible to protect our equines’ welfare as best we can. Please comply with the yard regulations so that our venues are as protected as much as possible.
To aid organisers please send a photo of your vaccination pages and the front cover of your passport to the SCDA secretary as soon as your equine complies with this protocol
All proprietary Equine Influenza vaccines are accepted by the FEI, provided the route of administration complies with the manufacturer’s instructions (i.e. intramuscular injection or intranasal).
An initial Primary Course of two vaccinations must be given; the second vaccination must be administered within 21-92 days of the first vaccination.
The first booster must be administered within 7 calendar months following the date of administration of the second vaccination of the Primary Course.
Booster vaccinations must be administered at a maximum of 12 month intervals however Horses competing in Events must have received a booster within 6 months +21 days (and not within 7 days) before arrival at the Event.
Horses may compete 7 days after receiving the second vaccination of the primary course.
Horses that have received the Primary Course prior to 1 January 2005 are not required to fulfil the requirement for the first booster, providing there has not been an interval of more than 12 months between each of their subsequent annual booster vaccinations.
Dalmeny have notified the organiser, Ian Bertram, that there is an outbreak of strangles on the estate. None of the event will go near the affected area, including the marathon route which will be re-routed if necessary.
Veterinary advice has been taken and the event will go ahead on the same weekend as planned.