Auchlishie event needs more entries!! If you would like to take part, please get your entry in quickly. The organizers are accepting entries for a couple more days. Schedule
Due to unforeseen circumstances, Audrey Barron has cancelled the West Newton Grassroots Event that was scheduled for 25th August.
Includes: Clinics, Grassroots, Club, Regional and National/International
Updated 7th August 2019
The SCDA Directors have taken further advice and have agreed that each event will use their venue requirement as their benchmark.
|Clinics –Townfoot and Seacliff||6 months|
With our mix of venues, where we are all guests, and yards that our equines come from, it seems sensible to protect our equines’ welfare as best we can, and comply with the yard regulations so that our venues are as protected as much as possible.
To aid organisers please send a photo of your vaccination pages and the front cover of your passport to the SCDA secretary as soon as your equine complies with this protocol
by email/text with your name attached.
FEI 2019 VETERINARY REGULATIONS 14th Edition 2018
effective 1 January 2019
Equine Influenza Vaccination Requirements
- All proprietary Equine Influenza vaccines are accepted by the FEI, provided the route of administration complies with the manufacturer’s instructions (i.e. intramuscular injection or intranasal).
- An initial Primary Course of two vaccinations must be given; the second vaccination must be administered within 21-92 days of the first vaccination.
- The first booster must be administered within 7 calendar months following the date of administration of the second vaccination of the Primary Course.
- Booster vaccinations must be administered at a maximum of 12 month intervals however Horses competing in Events must have received a booster within 6 months +21 days (and not within 7 days) before arrival at the Event.
- Horses may compete 7 days after receiving the second vaccination of the primary course. 6. Horses that have received the Primary Course prior to 1 January 2005 are not required to fulfil the requirement for the first booster, providing there has not been an interval of more than 12 months between each of their subsequent annual booster vaccinations.
Stewards needed for Raehills, particularly for the Marathon on the Sunday.
Offers of help gratefully received by the Organiser, Hamish Reid on:
Dalmeny have notified the organiser, Ian Bertram, that there is an outbreak of strangles on the estate. None of the event will go near the affected area, including the marathon route which will be re-routed if necessary.
Veterinary advice has been taken and the event will go ahead on the same weekend as planned.
A polite message to all competitors…
Get your entries in on time!!!
It is even more difficult this year with the Equine Flu vaccinations/passports having to be checked at all events.
Please make a (very late) 2019 New Year’s Resolution and send entries as soon as you can, and ALWAYS before the closing date.